Sunday, October 7, 2012

This poem is part of my new book Light of All Times,son to be publish by http://cowfeatherpress.org/index.htmlEste poema forma parte de mi nuevo libro de poesía, Luz de Todos los Tiempos.

-->
HUELLAS DEL PAN


El sol conversa conmigo
Todos los días es el mismo
En mi casa tengo los adobes perfectos
y las tejas de musgo en su camino
los geranios, las abejas
las manos de María
cuando los platos cumplen su oficio
En mi casa tengo el árbol de granadas
que maduran en silencio
Los científicos han escrito
en los periódicos del mundo
que un día el sol se hará pedazos
como una granada contra el piso
Mientras esperamos
miles de hormigas en el tamarindo
marchan tras las huellas del húmedo pan
que el perico carcome




BREAD TRACKS


The sun talks to me
he is always the same
In my house I have the perfect adobe
and tiles of moss for his path
In my house I have bees, geraniums,
and Maria’s hands
when plates do their work
In my house I have pomegranates
that ripen in silence
The scientists have written
in the world’s newspapers
that one day the sun will break into pieces
like a pomegranate against the floor
While we wait
thousands of ants on the tamarind tree
march after the bread tracks
that the parakeet gnaws


No comments:

Post a Comment